1. Termination of the Agreement by the Seller or the customer may be on the terms specified in the provisions of the Civil Code (Dz.U.2016.380 as amended.).
2. The consumer has the right to withdraw from the Agreement within 14 days from the date of receipt of the Goods.
3. Information about the withdrawal from the Agreement by the Consumer are included in the informed about the right of withdrawal available at the store.
4. The right to withdraw from the Agreement is not entitled to a consumer in respect of contracts:
1) the provision of services if the seller made a full service with the express consent of the consumer, who has been informed before the provision that under the provision by the Seller will lose the right to withdraw from the Agreement;
2) in which the price or remuneration depends on fluctuations in the financial market over which Seller has no control, and which may occur before the deadline to withdraw from the Agreement;
3) in which the Merchandise is for the non-prefabricated, manufactured according to the specifications of the Consumer or maid meet its individual needs;
4) where the goods are perishable thing dispersible or having a short expiration date;
5) in which the Goods is the thing delivered in a sealed container, which after opening the package can not return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if it were unsealed after delivery;
6) in which the Goods are things that after delivery, due to their nature, are inextricably linked with other things;
7) in which the Goods are alcoholic beverages, the price of which has been agreed at the conclusion of the Agreement, and the supply of which can only take place after 30 days and the value of which depends on fluctuations in the market, over which Seller has no control;
8) where the consumer expressly demanded that Seller to him came to make urgent repairs or maintenance; if the Seller provides additional services other than those which comply with consumer demanded or provides things other than the parts necessary for repair or maintenance, the right to withdraw from the Agreement shall have the consumer in relation to additional services or goods;
9) in which the Goods are sound or visual recordings or computer software delivered in a sealed package, if the package has been opened after delivery;
10) for delivering newspapers, periodicals or magazines, with the exception of subscription contracts;
11) contained in a public auction;
12) for the provision of accommodation other than for residential purpose, the carriage of goods, car rental, catering, services related to leisure activities, events, entertainment, sports or cultural, if the agreement marked a day or period of performance;
13) for the supply of digital content which is not stored on a tangible medium if the performance has begun with the express consent of the consumer before the deadline to withdraw from the contract and after having informed by the Seller about the loss of the right of withdrawal.
5. Seller shall immediately, not later than 14 days from the date of receipt of the declaration consumer to withdraw from the contract, return the consumer all payments made by him, including the costs of delivery of the Goods. Seller shall refund payments using the same method of payment, which used the consumer, unless the consumer has expressly agreed to a different way of return, which is not binding for him any costs.
6. If the consumer has chosen a method for providing the cheapest things other than the normal delivery offered by the Seller, the Seller is not obliged to return the consumer incurred by him additional costs.
7. The consumer is obliged to return the Goods, together with all items of equipment, including packaging, insofar as it constitutes an important element of the Goods. The seller may withhold reimbursement until the receipt of the Goods or until delivery Sellers proof of his return, depending on which event occurs first.
8. The consumer shall only bear the direct cost of returning the Goods, unless the seller has agreed to bear them or not informed consumer of having to bear these costs.
9. The consumer is liable for any diminished value of the Goods as a result of its use beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods.
10. In the case of an effective withdrawal from the Agreement. The agreement is considered void.
PROCEDURE FOR EXAMINATION OF COMPLAINTS
1. Claims relating to defects in the Goods Consumers should be addressed to the Seller in writing. The dispatch of the notice can also inform the Seller by e-mail: email@example.com
2. The complaint should include a detailed description of the defect Consumer Goods and demand, possibly also photographic documentation.
The Seller shall examine the complaint within 14 days. If the Seller does not reply to the complaint the Consumer within 14 days, it is believed that it considered it justified.
3. If the complaint is accepted, the Seller will take appropriate action as requested by the consumer, referred to in Chapter 6 of the Regulations.
4.You can use the non-judicial means of dealing with complaints and claims in legal relationships with consumers, including:
1) the possibility of resolving disputes electronically via the platform ODR (online dispute resolution), available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/;
2) the possibility of arbitration proceedings before an ordinary court or a court of arbitration;
3) the possibility of mediation proceedings with the participation of an independent mediator.